Semi-Urban Lakes

After the long overdue exploration of Aubrey Lake, the motivation was sparked to see if there are any other lakes and small ponds around that are accessible and might offer convenient fishing opportunities this spring. My office sits right on a small lake where I have seen numerous carp and bream, but some research from above on Google Maps revealed a couple more potentials that I had to go check out.


Ellison Lake: So it turns out, thanks to GON, that this lake, though full of fish, is known for it's dislike of fishermen. Guess it's off the list. Shame, too.

Daniell Lake: Turns out I have actually been here before. I ran across it one time several years ago and ate lunch in on of the parking areas along the bank. There was actually a guy fishing there when I snapped this picture today, so it seems like a good possibility.

Murray's Lake: I didn't make it to check out this one. Though they are close to each other, no road connects Murray's directly to the other two. Another time...

McTract Lake: The most convenient lake right outside of my office building. Despite the no fishing sign, I see guys out there fishing often enough. I am just going to assume the sign is for people who aren't tenants of the building until someone tells me different, but it might not be the spot for a canoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment