Allatoona Battlefield in the Evening


I made it out to the lake for a little bit this evening. It's slowly filling back up, as it does each year around this time, as the lake reclaims the exposed shores that make walking the bank so simple.



It was quiet and breezy, and there were only a few other people walking the old civil war battlefield trails that run along the lake's shore.



I came upon this nesting station that was occupied by an osprey. It was hard to tell if there were any new hatches in there, but getting close enough for the picture was enough to make her nervous.


There still hasn't presented itself a good chance to really use and abuse this primitive puukko knife yet. This was the one that I made for myself to keep, because I wasn't sure how the sisal would merge with the fiberglass, instead of jute. It doesn't finish quite as smooth, but the materials merged just fine. I am enjoying using it, and the PT blades seem superb so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment