Because I Use My Time Wisely...

I mean, right? If the wife spies a rat at the back of the yard, what better time to give a spring snare a try? Ha, I'll let you know if I get anything.


1/26 UPDATE - The critters have sprung it 3 times now, without getting caught up in the snare. I think I am making the loop a little too large, but the trigger mechanism is certainly working. I've also shortened the bait stick to make the movement a little more sensitive. After reading some last night, I also found a reference to the promontory peg deadfall which might be a good method to try too for small critters like rats.

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious Corey! I'm interested to see how this goes for you. When I first saw this all I could think of is that branch flying loose with a rat caught and swinging in the air and over the fence like a catapult! It would be even better if a neighbor or someone saw the whole thing happen too. LOL! Okay I got carried away there but I am curious how this turns out. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Maybe that's what happening... more of a relocation system than a trap.

      Delete