Latest Project - SEWO Guide and Outfitter Directory

Although spending time outdoors is one of my greatest passions, it's a fact that what I do indoors takes up substantially more time and energy in my life. I sometimes get the itch to hijack my life path and try something different and outdoorsy as a profession, but I've yet to do it, and with kids and family present, and important to me, I'm not willing to risk a lot to make it happen. So instead, I look for ways to make the two work together, and as I've been taking web development class for a few months with intentions to work toward a full time web dev career, I've had an idea for a project that I've recently finished the front end for. It's basically a directory of wilderness guides and outfitters across the southeast, with the ability for guides to submit their own company, navigation by state or by activity, and the ability for users to submit reviews. I'm not sure if there is a ton of demand for a directory like this here in the SE, but the purpose was more to see if I could, and I am happy with how it's turned out. I keep adding features to it, so I'm sure it'll evolve some more, but mostly, it looks and works how I'd hoped it would. If you're so inclined, you can check out the live demo here.


1 comment:

  1. I was actually just looking around for a weekend hiking excursion. I think this will be a fantastic resource! I know several people who would use it. You are doing great stuff on here! I wish I could keep up. Did you every do any large prints of the river maps?

    ReplyDelete