Relaxing at Red Top Mountain and McKaskey Creek Camping

Life has been chaos lately, and my wife was kind enough to kick me out of the house for a morning last week, so I headed to Red Top for a little hiking and relaxing. As usual, it was just the thing for clearing my head. There's a spot I like to go to that I discovered by accident seven or eight years ago. It's at the end of an old unmarked trail, and I was surprised to find someone else out there for the first time ever, doing some ultralight fishing. I figure, when I've gone to extra effort to avoid people, that other people I run into out there have done the same, so I have him a wide berth.















This weekend found me back out at Allatoona, camping with the boys and some friends from church. It's not as relaxing having minions running around all the time, but it sure is fun to watch them explore, burn things, eat camp food, and enjoy the lake. I have great memories of camping with my dad, and even though it wasn't something we did often, it was memorable every time.








No comments:

Post a Comment