Short Kindle Book - Trusting the River by Jim Witham

I picked this one up a little while back during a free promotion by Amazon. The book is called Trusting the River and is written by Jim Witham of Kentucky. It's a short work, just 88 pages on my Kindle, but a very enjoyable one nonetheless. Each chapter narrates a separate outing of the author on the river, primarily Elkhorn Creek. It may just be me, but I thoroughly enjoy reading the writings of locals who are so familiar with the life in their area that it is woven into the book. Characters, landmarks, features, weather - all of that generates an authentic feel of being there when the story is told well.

This video is not from the author, but this is featuring Elkhorn Creek and the waters he referenced.


While I was looking for the Amazon link for this book, I ran across another few books that look like good ones to check out.

This Water Goes North
Canoe Trip: North to Athabasca
Distant Fires: Duluth to Hudson Bay

All those northern titles... I wonder why the canoe culture caught on so well up north but never really took to the south as much?

No comments:

Post a Comment